I offer weekly classes, courses and events in Cheltenham - there's something to suit every taste!
During this time of Covid-19, your safety is paramount. See the Safety section at the bottom of this page for details of our Covid-Secure measures.
In this weekly class we explore the wide world of Zen. Classes typically begin with an opening meditation to settle the mind, followed by a talk exploring some aspect of the Zen path, and concluding with some movement and meditation practices which put the teachings into action.
The class is free, running on a donation basis, and explores a wide range of themes from week to week, drawn from a mixture of Zen and the early Buddhist tradition.
We have a small, friendly group of regulars, and newcomers are always welcome. Each session is self-contained, and instructions are tailored to the experience levels of students in the room that week, so you can start any time. Come along and give it a try!
Wednesdays, 7.45pm-9pm, at the NEW OrangeYoga location of Crescent Bakery (studio 2). Classes will continue to be live-streamed via Zoom for those who can't make it in person.
Booking is essential: please see the OrangeYoga website to sign up.
No charge, but donations to support the studio and the teaching are gratefully received.
Currently no events are planned due to the physical limitations of the Covid-Secure environment at the studio. If you'd like to be kept informed about future events, please sign up to my mailing list and I'll let you know when something is coming up!
Your safety is paramount
My classes follow Covid-Secure guidelines to ensure a comfortable experience for everyone.
- We follow OrangeYoga's Covid-Secure policy, published on their website. I'll explain the procedures at the start of each class if anyone doesn't know them already.
- Classes are limited to a maximum of 8 participants, plus myself. Please sign up online to help me plan how many chairs to set out each week.
- Please ensure that you arrive between 7.30pm and 7.45pm. Between 7.15pm and 7.30pm, students from a previous yoga class will be leaving the studio, and the entryway is intended to be one-way only to avoid close contact with other students.
- Before the class, I'll set up chairs which are at least 2m away from each other (measured centre to centre - see pictures below). All chairs will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes before and after use.
- No other props are available, so if you want a cushion for your chair, or would prefer to sit on the floor, you must bring all necessary equipment with you.
- Please bring a mask, and keep it on at all times when you're not at your seat. You can take the mask off when you sit down. I will do the same. We will avoid any practice using vigorous exhalation, and there will be no chanting or singing (not that there ever was!). If you're very uncomfortable with me not wearing a mask while teaching, please let me know and we can talk about it.
- Movement practices will be tailored to the space and number of participants. 2-metre spacing will be maintained at all times during movement practices.