I offer weekly classes, courses and events in Cheltenham - there's something to suit every taste!
During this time of Covid-19, your safety is paramount. See the Safety section at the bottom of this page for details of our Covid-Secure measures.
In this weekly class we explore the wide world of Zen. Classes typically begin with an opening meditation to settle the mind, followed by a talk exploring some aspect of the Zen path, and concluding with some movement and meditation practices which put the teachings into action.
The class is free, running on a donation basis, and explores a wide range of themes from week to week, drawn from a mixture of Zen and the early Buddhist tradition.
We have a small, friendly group of regulars, and newcomers are always welcome. Each session is self-contained, and instructions are tailored to the experience levels of students in the room that week, so you can start any time. Come along and give it a try!
Wednesdays, 7.45pm-9pm, at the NEW OrangeYoga location of Crescent Bakery (studio 3). Classes will continue to be live-streamed via Zoom for those who can't make it in person.
Booking is essential: please see the OrangeYoga website to sign up.
No charge, but donations to support the studio and the teaching are gratefully received.
Currently no events are planned due to the physical limitations of the Covid-Secure environment at the studio. If you'd like to be kept informed about future events, please sign up to my mailing list and I'll let you know when something is coming up!
Your safety is paramount
My classes follow current government best practice to ensure a comfortable experience for everyone.
- We follow OrangeYoga's Covid-Secure policy, published on their website. I'll explain the procedures at the start of each class if anyone doesn't know them already.
- Masks are optional. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask you're welcome to do so, but be aware that others in the class may not.
- For the time being, I'll keep an upper limit on class numbers to ensure that there's plenty of space in the studio. If you prefer to sit at least 2m away from the other students, this will be possible.
- You can now use the studio props if you're happy to do so. If you prefer to sit on the floor, you can either use the studio's equipment or bring your own. If you prefer to sit on a chair, we have seven in total available, so there should generally be enough for everyone.
- Movement practices will be tailored to the space and number of participants. 2-metre spacing will be maintained at all times during movement practices.